Caravan is just around the corner: it isn't too late to get involved!! Take part in planning meetings after school and showcase your country and culture to the GBC community!!
WORKSHOPS AT THE SCHOOL OF ESL
1. Current Events Workshop with Stephen
Using current stories in the news, discuss current events and expand your vocabulary in the process. Topics are interesting and current!
Time: 3-4:30 pm
2. Writing Skills Workshop with Arjola
Develop an outline for academic writing, brainstorm with your peers and learn how to organize your thoughts.
Time: 3-4:30 pm
TUESDAYS AND THURSDAYS
3. SUMMARY/PARAPHRASE WORKSHOP (levels 4-9)
Practice essential skills of Summary and Paraphrase in a small group setting. All skills will be integrated and your Peer Leaders are there to faciliate!
When: Tues(sched A) and Thurs(sched B)
Where: D302 Thurs; D307 on Tuesdays (please note the room change on Tuesdays)
Time: 12:00-1:30 pm
4. SPEAK UP! (levels 4-9)
Time: 3:00 to 4:30 pm
FRIDAYS5. TOEFL Skills Workshop with Sina (levels 7-9)
Not sure how to study for TOEFL? Want to build your language skills effectively? Need to obtain a high score? Learn some of the tricks needed to ace the test from a Peer Leader who did exactly that!
Time: 3:30-5:30 pm
Don't forget about the range of useful supports at GBC:
1. Tutoring in the ESL Library every Tues and Thurs,12-1pm
2. Peer Tutors are available M-F in room C503, building C
3. Peer Leaders are available to support you and your study groups (D304A) M-F: Check the schedule on the door of D304A.
GREAT OPPORTUNITY THIS WEEK!!!
TOPIC: Think Before you Send: The Dos and Don’ts of Emailing
Bring your Lunch....and Learn
When: Wednesday, November 24th
- Impress your teachers, your friends, and, even, potential employers with your knowledge of the dos and don’ts of email etiquette. Come to Celina Costa’s workshop and leave with the information you need to succeed in the complicated world of emailing.EMAIL DOROTHY TO REGISTER FOR THIS WORKSHOP--SPACE IS LIMITED!
Save the Date!
Coming in Week 6:
Advisor Lunch and Learn
Meet with GBC Advisors and get the answers to all of your burning questions on topics like transitions to post-secondary programs, requirements for college programs, and resources available to you!When: Friday, December 3rd, 12:45pm, Room D309Email Dorothy to register