CHECK OUT WHAT'S ON THIS WEEK AT THE SCHOOL OF ESL!
1. Current Events Workshop with Stephen
Using current stories in the news, discuss current events and expand your vocabulary in the process. Topics are interesting and current!
Time: 3-4:30 pm
2. Writing Skills Workshop with Arjola (levels 5-9)
Develop an outline for academic writing, brainstorm with your peers and learn how to organize your thoughts.
Time: 3-4:30 pm
3. TOEFL Skills Workshop with Sina (levels 7-9)
Not sure how to study for TOEFL? Want to build your language skills effectively? Need to obtain a high score? Learn some of the tricks needed to ace the test from a Peer Leader who did exactly that!
Time: 3:30-5:30 pm
4. SUMMARY/PARAPHRASE WORKSHOP (levels 4-9)
Practice essential skills of Summary and Paraphrase in a small group setting. All skills will be integrated and your Peer Leaders are there to faciliate!
When: Tues(sched A) and Thurs(sched B)
Where: D302 Thurs; D307 on Tuesdays (please note the room change on Tuesdays)
Time: 12:00-1:30 pm
5. SPEAK UP! (levels 4-9)
Want to improve your speaking? Meet new people and improve your confidence in conversation using games and role plays . This 6-week workshop will focus on conversation and speaking skills in a FUN and active atmosphere!
Time: 3:00 to 4:30 pm
Don't forget about the range of useful supports at GBC:
1. Tutoring in the ESL Library every Tues and Thurs,12-1pm
2. Peer Leaders are available to support you and your study groups (D304A) M-F: Check the schedule on the door of D304A.
3. Peer Tutors are available M-F in room C503, building C
STAY TUNED FOR DETAILS ABOUT UPCOMING LUNCH & LEARNS:
- EMAILING: THE DO's AND DON'Ts (WEEK 5)
- ADVISOR Q & A (WEEK 6)
Engage your audience by asking a question: e.g. How many of you want to improve your writing skills? Why not check out the writing workshop on Mondays, D306 at 3pm?
Remember to refer to your visuals (in this case, the blog) but don't read from them. Paraphrase, maintain eye contact with your audience and have a smile in your voice :-)