TUESDAY AND THURSDAY
Come out to practice Writing skills and the essential skills of Summary and Paraphrase in a small group setting led by your Peer Leaders.
When: Tuesdays (sched A) and Thursdays (sched B)
Where: D308 Tuesday; D319 on Thursday
Time: 12:00-1:30 pm
SCHED A STUDENTS (levels 6-8)
Not sure how to study for exams? Want to build your language skills effectively? Need to obtain a high score? Learn strategies from Sina, a Peer Leader who would like to help you learn skills at test-taking.
When: Tues 1-2:30
Time: 1:00-2:30 pm
Want to improve your speaking? Meet new people and improve your confidence in conversation using games and role plays . This workshop will focus on conversation and speaking skills in a FUN and active atmosphere!
Time: 3:00 to 4:30 pm
Don't forget about the range of useful supports at GBC:
1. Peer Tutors are available M-F in room C503, at the THE Tutoring Learning Centre (TLC).
Check out the TLC Blog HERE for updates on small group study opportunities and services available to you!
2. ESL Peer Leaders are available to support you and your study groups (D304A) M-F. Check the schedule on the door of D304A or drop by to arrange a session or get help with your study group! Remember: Study Smarter-not Harder! We remember 95% of what we teach to someone else, so form a study group and teach and learn from each other!
- The TLC (Room C503) will be undergoing a renovation during Week 8. As a result, the TLC will be closed, and tutors will not be working during this week (February 28-March 4).
- The Photography Contest entries will be judged this week. Winners will be announced this week.
- Reminder: Scholarship applications for International Students are due March 15th. For more information, click here.