TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ALL THE FREE SUPPORTS AVAILABLE TO YOU:
1. Tutoring is available in the ESL Library, D313. Drop by every Tues and Thurs at 12pm for English practice.
2. The Tutoring Learning Centre is also available for English Language Support. The TLC is located in Building C, room C503.
3. Visit our Peer Leaders in D304A for support--don't wait until the last minute! Come early to ensure your success. Below, see the workshop schedule:
Ongoing Weekly Workshops led by your Peer Leaders:
1. Summary Paraphrase Study Group
Time: 3:00-4:00 pm
2. Listen UpGrab a coffee/juice and a cookie, practice conversation skills, improve your speaking confidence and meet new friends.
3. Speak Up
Improve your listening skills, build your vocabulary and enhance cultural knowledge.
Where: Schedule B, D301Time: 11-12pm
Where: Schedule A, D301Time: 12-1pm
3. Speak Up
Where: D309Time: 3:00-4:30 pm
4. Writing Strategies
Practice Brainstorming, Outlining and effective writing skills.
Where: D309Time: Schedule B,12-1:30pm
Schedule A, 3-4:30pm
Every other Friday beginning this Friday, Jan 20th.
5. Games ClubKick back and learn English in a fun and relaxed atmosphere!
Time: 3:00 pm
Movie Club will be held on alternate Fridays, beginning January 27.
Would you like to improve listening strategies or practice listening logs? Work in a writing group? Drop by D304A to sign up for a Peer Learning Group.
Speak with one of your Peer Leaders or look for the sign up sheets posted under the windows outside of D304A.
Have you met Kurt? Kurt is our volunteer coordinator and is happy to speak with you about volunteer activities at GBC and in the GTA. Drop by D304 on Mondays and Tuesdays to meet with him or drop him a line at email@example.com
Currently, Kurt has information about the following opportunities:
1. Second Harvest ( Lunch Money Day)
2. Stephen Lewis Foundation
3. Yonge Street Mission
4. ALS Ontario
5. Student Association Volunteer Program (see below for details and info event, tomorrow Tues January 17th in the Student Lounge at 5:30)
Read more about him on the Peer Leader link at the top of the page.
LIKE us on Facebook for updates on what's happening at GBC and in the GTA, as well as study tips and resources.
JOIN or FORM A STUDY GROUP and have a peer leader assist you.
Remember: We learn
- 50% of what we Hear and See
- 70% of what is Discussed with Others
- 80% of what we Experience Personally
- 95% of what we Teach to Someone Else
So, join a study group with your Peer Leaders and STUDY SMARTER, NOT HARDER!