Mehrangiz will facilitate these engaging and useful workshops for 3 consecutive weeks:
- Thurs, July 15th
- Thurs, July 22nd
- Thurs, July 29th
2. Summarizing and Paraphrasing Workshop with Alona (Levels 4-9)
Practice essential skills of Summary and Paraphrase in a small group setting.
When: Every WED AFTER SCHOOL,
Where: Meet at Peer Leader office, room D304A
As always, our ESL Peer Leaders are here in D304A and GBC Peer Tutors are available in C503--check the Student Success Bulletin Board for details.
Remember: Study Smarter, not Harder! Form a study group with 3-4 of your peers.
This Week's Presentation Tips from professors in our program!:1. From Debbie Plested:
Do a Voice Check--check if students can hear you: "Can you hear me at the back of the room?" Speak Clearly and Project your Voice to the back of the room.
From Anna Keating and Patricia Robinson
2. Connect with your listeners: learn how to read your audience-
- First off, do they understand what you are saying?
- What's more, are they interested in what you are saying?
- how can you gain their interest? (Grab their attention with a hook; Ask a question to involve them...)
- how can you maintain their interest? (show emotion and involvement in what you are saying; use your voice--enunciation, intonation, word stress, volume [low and high for variation]---above all, don't speak like this:
And, remember the 3 V's: VISUAL, VERBAL AND VOCAL!